Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cold Process results getting more dependable

So last night I decided to make 1 large batch of Shea Butter soap and split it for 2 different fragrances.  Very exciting, for me because for the last few years of making soap Ive not used a stick blender and most of the time had a finished product that wasn't bad, it just wasnt what I was looking for.  So almost everytime I would re-batch it in the crock pot.  But the last few batches that Ive made since using the stick blender have been amazing and predictable.  Im still working on my artistic skills as far as making my bars look pretty.  So I was really excited this morning when I unmolded the two loaves and the design that I attempted actually kinda looked like my plan. 


I love it when that happens! They smell amazing and the colors are crisp.  I am so excited I can't wait to make my next batch tomorrow!  The only issue I had with this batch was this morning when I went to unmold them they were still somewhat soft.  So I left the lids off and kept them in the molds untill I came home from work.  Then I was able to take them out of the mold.  Can anyone give me pointers on insulating?  Do you remove the lids or covers after gell stage or do you keep it on the whole time?  I really could use some tips from you pros out there.  Pretty please....

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I usually just put the lid on the mould then cover the mould with a blanket for about 24 hours. Then I remove. Most often I can cut straight away, sometimes I leave it for a few days to cut. I have not had too many problems with soap too soft but it has happened to me occasionally. Good luck! Keep us posted! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete